Don’t just download a plan from the internet and train for that goal race by yourself. Get the coaching you need and the accountability that comes from running with friends!
The 10K-Half Marathon training groups are the next step up in our programs and our most popular groups. 10K and Half Marathon training groups meet together, but have different goals:
The 10K training groups build on the concepts learned in the 5K Running Start groups because it introduces you to specific pacing goals with strength and speed work on the track and the hills. 10K training group is suitable for graduates of our 5K Running Start group and novice to intermediate runners with recent 5K and 10K experience who wish to train for a 10K or improve their 10K time. This group is also suitable for people who wish to improve or maintain their physical fitness through running.
The Half Marathon training program takes your experience in the 10K program and doubles the distance and time on your feet to allow you to run your first half marathon. The half marathon training program will also focus on concepts such as pace and proper nutrition, as these become critical to be successful at a half marathon. This group is suitable for graduates of our 10K training group and novice to intermediate runners with recent 10K or greater experience who wish to train for a half marathon or improve their half marathon time.
You are ready for the group if you can run or run/walk at least 3 miles, a few times a week and are pain-free from injury for at least 6 weeks.
- Weekly coached group runs.
- Pacing plan customized to your fitness level and racing goals.
- 10K – 13.1 group meets three times weekly; a Monday easy run as a group, a Wednesday track session and a Saturday long run. Training plans created for these groups generally have an additional running day during the week, and a cross-training day.
- We encourage the run/walk interval method in this group, but work with you to increase your run interval if that is your goal.
- 10K -13.1 has a weekly “running dynamics” focus topic, putting emphasis on form, pace, and cadence.
- Program is 12 weeks culminating in target race.
- The 10K training session will prepare you for a 13.1 training session, and the 13.1 training session will prepare you for our marathon training groups.
- This group usually has two sessions, starting in late summer for a fall race and winter session preparing you for a spring race.
- 10K-13.1 Training Groups have two locations. East and Northwest Tucson. The Northwest training group supports runners in the Northwest Tucson, Oro Valley and Marana areas.
- Groups meet in a variety of locations so you do not get bored running in the same place every time.
Not sure this program is for you? We offer a free, two-week trial on all our training groups.
Interested in training with the 10k-Half Marathon groups, but we don’t have a group starting or we are already into the training cycle? Reach out to Autumn to see about mid-session starts or check out our other coaching services here: https://swendurancetraining.com/one-on-one-coaching/
Have questions, or still wondering if this program is for you? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org