What makes us different:
- SWET welcomes all running abilities, but our FOCUS is beginning to intermediate runners. We are not Olympic runners, only a motivated group of all ages who support each other and enjoy running together. We don’t care what your pace is, you are welcome with us.
- All of our group runs are coach lead. Our head coaches are certified by the Road Runner’s Club of America (RRCA). Having a coach on hand during your run allows for immediate feedback to you and answers to any questions you may have.
- SWET teaches run/walk interval training to our new runners. Alternating running and walking during your training allows your body to build up to longer periods of work, particularly important for new or returning runners. This allows your body to recover between periods of running, ensures your overall workout isn’t too intense, and provides a rest time to efficiently hydrate or take nutrition. Many of our experienced runners, up to and including our marathon runners, choose to train exclusively using the run/walk method and compete in races using this technique.
- Many of our runners choose not to race, and run with us for fitness and the friendship our running groups.
Running Groups for All Skills:
- Our running groups are designed for you to gradually progress from a beginning 5k runner (3.1 miles) to running the marathon (26.2 miles). Most of our runners choose to remain in one of the groups in between 5k and Marathon. If the challenge of conquering the next distance race appeals to you, we have a training program for you.
- We have 5k, 10k and Half Marathon training groups on both the Northwest (supporting NW Tucson, Oro Valley and Marana) and the east side of Tucson. Our marathon group meets all over town. We periodically have joint group runs, because it’s fun to get the whole group together…and having fun running is what we are about!
- We have dozens of running routes mapped in Tucson, so we don’t see the same tired River or Randolph Park path loops again and again.
- 5k group goal race registration is included in the cost.
- 10k, 13.1 and 26.2 groups receive customized pacing plans tailored to your goal race pace and training plans for their selected goal race.
- 10k, 13.1 and 26.2 groups have a weekly track sessions to focus on speed work and form.
Get more details on our running groups in the drop-down menus above, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions.
Founded in 2004 by Jeanne and Pete Snell, SWET is proud to have trained brand new 5k runners all the way to Boston Marathon qualifying runners in the Tucson area. SWET runners have completed hundreds of races and hundreds of thousands of training miles.