For many people, marathon training is something they want to do someday, but its distance and commitment is intimidating. They may not be sure where to start. We have that answer: Take the plunge and run your first marathon with SWET!
The marathon training program takes what you have built to with the 5K, 10K and 13.1 training groups and adds the distance and time on your feet to allow you to run your first marathon. The marathon training program will also focus on concepts such as pace and proper nutrition as related to marathon running. What worked for you during your half marathons likely will not work for your marathon, and our experience will help you tweak your training to achieve your marathon goals.
Our marathon group is slightly different than our other groups, because it meets all over the Tucson metro area for the Saturday long run. The group overlaps with the 10K-13.1 groups with an earlier starting time on Saturdays, so you aren’t running all those training miles by yourself.
The best part of the marathon training group is you will run beautiful routes all over town so you won’t get bored doing the miles. You will run in parts of Tucson, Oro Valley and Marana you have never seen before.
Am I ready for marathon training?
This group is suitable for graduates of our 13.1 training group and novice to intermediate runners with recent half marathon or greater experience who wish to train for a marathon or improve their marathon time.
You are ready for the group if you can run or run/walk at least 4 times a week, averaging 20 miles or more a week, with a long run distance of at least 8 miles and are pain-free from injury for at least 6 weeks.
- Weekly coached group runs.
- Pacing plan customized to your fitness level and racing goals.
- Marathon group meets twice weekly, a Wednesday track session and a Saturday long run.
- Marathon group is invited to the Monday runs with the 10k-13.1 group, but your training will require you to arrive early or stay late to get your miles.
- Training plans created for marathon group will have an additional running day during the week, as well as a cross-training day.
- We encourage the run/walk interval method in this group, and work with you to increase your run interval if that is your goal.
- 26.2 training group has a weekly “running dynamics” focus topic, putting emphasis on form, pace, and cadence.
- Program is approximately 18 weeks culminating in a target race.
- 26.2 training group meets all over metro Tucson, supporting runners in Tucson, Oro Valley, Vail and Marana.
- Groups meet in a variety of locations so you do not get bored running in the same place every time.
Not sure this program is for you? We offer a free, two-week trial on all our training groups.
Interested in training with the Marathon group, but we don’t have a group starting or we are already into the training cycle? Reach out to Autumn to see about mid-session starts or check out our other coaching services here: https://swendurancetraining.com/one-on-one-coaching/
Have questions, or still wondering if this program is for you? Contact email@example.com