If you want to become the the best runner or power-walker you can be, you need a coach. There is no substitute for working with a coach. Coaches aren’t just for elite athletes. Beginning and novice athletes have the most to gain from using a coach.
Here’s some reasons you need a coach:
- You can’t see yourself run or power-walk, and may be completely unaware of problems with your form, pace and routine that may be limiting your performance, or even opening you up to an injury. Having a coach watch you and work with you is invaluable.
- You want to run or power-walk but you don’t know how to get started. We love making new athletes at SWET, we can show you the way, regardless of your age, fitness or experience.
- You keep training, but your race times or fitness aren’t improving. Improvement comes from introducing new stresses to your body requiring you to adapt. Counterintuitively, you actually may be training TOO hard and it’s limiting your performance. We see this ALL THE TIME with athletes new to us, but we can help.
- We can review your training plan to see if it’s right for you, or write you a custom plan to meet your goals.
- You need the accountability that motivates you to work towards your goals. Nothing helps accountability like having a coach who cares about your success and encourages you to keep to the plan.
- You may be bored with your training. We have many unique workouts to mix up your training a bit.
The biggest bang for your training dollar is to join one of our running or power-walking groups, but we understand the groups may not work for your schedule. Southwest Endurance Training offers personal coaching, in-person for local athletes and remote for those folks who live out of town. Our head coaches are RRCA and WOW certified and can help you reach your goals.
Every athlete is different and has different coaching needs. If you are interested in personal coaching, you can schedule a consultation here.