You are faster than you think you are.
It’s fun to find out how fast you can go and do it in the beautiful Sonoran desert!
SWET STaT is a 9 session running program focused on improving your short distance running speed and strength. STaT meets Wednesday evenings at the track and uniquely, Saturday mornings for trail runs. This group is an excellent option for runners looking to increase their military or government Physical Fitness Test run scores.
STaT is all about going fast, but it’s about YOU finding out how fast YOU can go. Southwest Endurance Training prides itself on welcoming all runners, regardless of how fast or how far you run. STaT is designed for anyone who currently runs at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes, regardless of your current pace. STaT will hugely benefit runners in our 5K groups looking to move beyond beginning running.
While the focus of STaT is speed and strength, STaT is also a good choice for people who are new to trail running and not sure how to start, or want to trail run in an group that is accessible to new and novice runners.
Program highlights, requirements:
- STaT is a single group that meets Wednesday nights at 6 PM at Orange Grove Middle School Track and Saturday mornings at 6 AM for a trail run. Trail run locations will be all over town.
- Program is 9 sessions.
- Opening night, a one mile timed run determines your pace for training during the program.
- A final timed mile will be performed to measure your improvement.
- All track and trail runs are lead by RRCA certified coaches.
- Read the results of the trial program here.
- Runners will need to bring water to track, and have a means of carrying water while trail running (hydration vest, belt or hand bottles).
- Runners will need trail running shoes. Our friends at Performance Footwear fit trail shoes and offer a 10% discount on shoes to registered SWET runners.
- Trail runs will occur in Saguaro National Park and Sabino Canyon Recreation Areas. Runners will need park pases for these areas.
Have questions, or still wondering if this program is for you? Contact us here!