Don’t stop running when the temps go up!
While it sounds horrible, running when it is hot out is great for your training and running fitness. SWEThogs is a running group designed to keep you motivated to run during the hot summer months.
New for 2020, our SWEThogs program will be dedicated 10K training program. We will run two types of 10K training plans; one for runners looking to run 10k distance for the first time, and the other for runners looking to improve their 10K racing time.
SWEThogs is right for you if you:
– Can run or run/walk for at least 30 minutes, a few times a week
– Are pain-free from injury for at least 6 weeks.
– Want some motivation to run in the summer
– Would like to step up to the 10K distance, or reduce your distance and aim for a faster 10k, or just plain keep wanting to run with SWET in the summer.
- Weekly coached group runs.
- SWEThogs meets three times weekly, a Monday easy run as a group, a Wednesday track session and a Saturday long run.
- Weekly “running dynamics” focus topic, putting emphasis on form, pace, and cadence.
- Program is 8 weeks culminating in target race.
- Custom training plan for beginning OR veteran 10K runners.
- SWEThogs will help you maintain the mileage base you earned during our spring training groups.
- Two locations; East and Northwest Tucson. The East training group supports runners in East Tucson and Vail. The Northwest training group supports runners in the Northwest Tucson, Oro Valley and Marana areas.
- Groups meet in a variety of locations so you do not get bored running in the same place every time.
- Goal race entry is INCLUDED in the registration price.
Not sure this program is for you? We offer a free, two-week trial on this training group.
Not convinced summer running helps you? Read Coach Brandon’s hot weather running pitch here:
Interested in training with this group, but we are already into the training cycle? Reach out to Autumn to see about mid-session starts or check out our other coaching services here:
Have questions, or still wondering if this program is for you? Contact us here!