Don’t stop running when the temps go up!
While it sounds horrible, running when it is hot out is great for your training and running fitness. SWEThogs is a 12-week running group designed to keep you motivated to run during the hot summer months.
SWEThogs is right for you if you:
– Can run or run/walk for at least 30 minutes, a few times a week
– Are pain-free from injury for at least 6 weeks.
– Want some motivation to run in the summer
– Would like to meet other runners
- More relaxed running group, more focused on maintaining base fitness than hitting distance and pacing goals.
- Weekly coached group runs.
- SWEThogs meets three times weekly, a Monday easy run as a group, a Wednesday track session and a Saturday long run.
- Weekly “running dynamics” focus topic, putting emphasis on form, pace, and cadence.
- Program is 12 weeks culminating in target race.
- SWEThogs will help you maintain the mileage base you earned during our spring training groups.
- Effective bridge between our 5k Running Start Program and the 10k Training group.
- Two locations; East and Northwest Tucson. The East training group supports runners in East Tucson and Vail. The Northwest training group supports runners in the Northwest Tucson, Oro Valley and Marana areas.
- Groups meet in a variety of locations so you do not get bored running in the same place every time.
Not sure this program is for you? We offer a free, two-week trial on all our training groups.
Not convinced summer running helps you? Read Coach Brandon’s hot weather running pitch here:
Interested in training with this group, but we are already into the training cycle? Reach out to Autumn to see about mid-session starts or check out our other coaching services here:
Have questions, or still wondering if this program is for you? Contact us here!